Network and Storage Protocols

CIF out of space using RoboCopy Error 112 Even though I have 2.5TB free on the CIF.

PoohBear

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

PoohBear

This is embarrassing.  The share  was pointed at the wrong path.  So it was out of space.  Too many fingers in the pie I guess.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Ontapforrum

Please note there is a difference in nature between SMB(CIFS) vs NFS. NFS starts writing immediately to the filesystem and writes as long as there is space. However, CIFS continuously tries to reserve the space before copying (folder/files) to the target. Please check: How much data are you trying to copy over ? How big is the largest folder/file size?

Also, check or share the volume & share-level settings for the SMB(CIFS) at NetApp side?

Related KB:

Robocopy ERROR 112 (0x00000070) There is not enough space on the disk. (microsoft.com)

https://kb.netapp.com/Advice_and_Troubleshooting/Data_Storage_Software/ONTAP_OS/How_to_move_files_to_a_NetApp_CIFS_server_using_Robocopy_to_retain_Win...

https://kb.netapp.com/Advice_and_Troubleshooting/Data_Storage_Software/ONTAP_OS/Unable_to_write_or_copy_large_files_to_a_CIFS_share_hosted_by_ONTAP

parisi

There are several reasons you might get an "out of space" error.

1. You're actually out of space - this can be at the volume level or the aggregate level (if you're using thin provisioning)

2. You have a quota rule on the volume, user or qtree - this rule would prevent you from exceeding a defined quota.

3. You overran the maxdirsize (memory allocation for files in a single directory)

4. You overran the maxfiles value - each volume allows a set number of files (maxfiles). If you exceed that, you get "out of space." I suspect this is what you're hitting.

Each one of these will log an error in the ONTAP event log. I suggest checking there.

PoohBear

I think I have gone through every one of those documents some twice .

I should have more than enough files, unless I am reading this wrong.

volume show -volume FS01 -fields size, files,files-used vserver volume size files files-used

vserver                          volume             size                                       files                             files-used

---------------- ------ ------ -------- ----------
Shares_CIFS            share01              2.50TB                              21251126                                 97

Filesystem                    iused               ifree                   %iused             Mounted on
/vol/share01/                    97                 21251029            0%                 /share

Real names have been replace with share in most places.

parisi

Do you have quotas in place? 

What about the event log? See anything there?

::> event log show -messagename *space*

Looks like your copy didn't move any data at all if you only have 97 inodes used (which is the initial default value).

PoohBear

This is embarrassing.  The share  was pointed at the wrong path.  So it was out of space.  Too many fingers in the pie I guess.

Public