Network and Storage Protocols

Cannot ping IP after changing IP address of two interfaces in netapp 7 mode with etc rc file

AdeyinkaGCET

Hello everyone,

I had an issue with an MTU discrepancy where ports e0a and e0b were 9000 and 1500 respectively. So instead of reconfiguring the MTU in e0a to 1500, the IPs were removed and migrated to ports e0c and e0d already configured w/ an MTU of 1500 and 1500 respectively.

After following the instructions in the article, how to change ip address of an interface in netapp 7-mode,  on how to change IP addresses in 7mode, I cannot ping the addresses. Also, after running the rdfile command, it shows they're both UP. They are both also blinking on the NetApp FAS2220 and on the Network Switch.

I would appreciate a solution to this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4

Ontapforrum

Is this the kb you followed?

How to change the IP address of an interface in 7 mode system?
https://kb.netapp.com/Advice_and_Troubleshooting/Data_Storage_Software/ONTAP_OS/How_to_change_the_IP_address_of_an_interface_in_7_mode_system

AdeyinkaGCET

Yes. Exactly. I followed through w/ the steps from that article but still could not ping the IP after making the change.

AdeyinkaGCET

I knew ths would work and it did. I've been able to discover the storage w/ SNMP and not ICMP via the oncommand manager. Thanks for the feedback.

Ontapforrum

Ok. Have you checked if there is proper route to the changed IPs?

Could you share screenshot or output of the ifconfig -a, and route -s, also rdfile /et/rc & hosts ?

Public