Network and Storage Protocols

Cluster switch health monitoring - system cluster-switch show shows Is Monitoredfalse IP unreachable

netappbetatester

Hey guys its me again, this time I am stuck on this last little tidbit of migrating from a two-node switchless to switched cluster. The problem I seem to be having as I'm wrapping up the configuration is when I run system cluster-switch show I'm not seeing what the guide says I should.

Apparently, I should see:

Switch Type Address Model
--------------------------- ------------------ ---------------- ---------------
C1 cluster-network 10.10.1.101 NX3232CV
Serial Number: FOX000001
Is Monitored: true
Reason:
Software Version: Cisco Nexus Operating System (NX-OS) Software, Version 7.0(3)I6(1)
Version Source: CDP

But What I get is:

Switch Type Address Model
--------------------------- ------------------ ---------------- ---------------
Nexus1 cluster-network 10.10.1.101 NX3232CV
Serial Number: FOX000001
Is Monitored: false
Reason: IP address not reachable
Software Version: Cisco Nexus Operating System (NX-OS) Software, Version 7.0(3)I6(1)
Version Source: CDP

Looking through the help guide here: Cluster Switch health monitoring (CSHM) not working, IP address not reachable via SNMP - NetApp Knowledge Base

I run through the fixes (everything but the cisco stuff, the guide kinda makes me believe there isnt much configuration to be done on it). But I still can't ping from the cluster to the switch. I'm looking for some advice as this NetApp stuff was thrown in my lap and I was told to run with it. What exactly do I need to do to finish this up?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3

netappbetatester

Good find! I'm ooo for the day soon but I'll go over it in the morning and report back!

netappbetatester

Actually, reading it a bit, does e0M have to be in the Cluster broadcast domain? I know the management we use has a 192 IP (not really) and  the cluster switch uses 168.

Public