Network and Storage Protocols

FAS2040-R5 LACP VIF issue between controllers

cserpadss

Hello I am having a very odd problem. I am setting up 2 controllers, each with its own VIF to export NFS volumes. Each controller is active/active and should be reachable on its own. The issue is that only one controller seems to be able to have an active LACP VIF at a time, otherwise if I destroy the VIF and assign individual IPs to each NIC I can reach them. When ctrlA is up and pingable the other ctrl (B) reports all links down and isn't reachable. But if I reboot ctrlA, ctrlB's VIF comes up and then it's reachable but then ctrlA reports all of its links are down and can't be reached! Below are the specs:

ctrlA e0a (management) connects to SW-A (management/data Cisco 3560G switch), subnet 10.1.100/24

ctrlA e0b,e0c,e0d (NFS) connect as an LACP VIF: (Lvif1: 3 links, transmit 'IP Load balancing', VIF Type 'lacp' fail 'default') to SW-B (storage comm only Cisco 3560G switch which is trunked to SW-C)

ctrlA e0a (management) connects to SW-A (management/data Cisco 3560G switch), subnet 10.1.100/24

ctrlA e0b,e0c,e0d (NFS) connect as an LACP VIF: (Lvif1: 3 links, transmit 'IP Load balancing', VIF Type 'lacp' fail 'default') to SW-C (storage comm only Cisco 3560G switch which is trunked to SW-B)

Both switch B and C are using IP based load balancing (not MAC).

In both switches LACP is enabled on each port connecting to the controllers (mode active).

In both switches a channel group was created for each controller.

Any ideas ?

1 REPLY 1

cserpadss

The solution of course was a simple one (as it usually is). The network engineer had port e0d from each controller go to a different switch from ports e0b and e0c. This of course created the issue. I recreated the VIFs to only use e0b and e0c for the time being until I am able to stop by the datacenter and manually switch each cable to its corresponding port in the correct switch.

Public