Network and Storage Protocols

Ifgrp VLAN failover group

NetApp93

Good Afternoon,

Been looking through documentation and KB's but cannot find an answer to this seemingly simple question. Currently building out an AFF-A150 for a HW refresh of an AFF-A220 running NFS for a vCenter datastore. We have two ifgroups with vlan 30 (a0a-30) on each node, with e0c/e0d as apart of each a0a on each node. Each a0a-30 has a data LIF sitting on top of it. Pretty simple.

I was reviewing the configuration of the AFF-A220 that we are replacing and realized that for some reason in the data broadcast domain, we had not only both a0a-30 ports but also both a0a ports. This is actually my first time building out a new system from scratch - is this something that is required when including a VLAN port sitting on top of an ifgroup to a failover group, including the underlying ifgroup as well? To me that doesn't make any sense, as a the data LIF, which is obviously running frames with a vlan 30 tag, could failover to an a0a port where the frames would then be dropped. Am I missing something here regarding how failover groups should be configured, or is my AFF-A220 misconfigured?

0 REPLIES 0
Public