Network and Storage Protocols

Quota reinitilization

Storage6

Hi Friends,

Does any impact on quota re-initialize?  we are seeng error message as "quota.parse.error: skipping new definition for /vol/vol1/qtreex ". Please suggest best solution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GidonMarcus

The only risk I’m aware of is that the report you see now in the GUI is not up-to-date, and once you re-initialise  the quota rules you have across the volume will start applying again after (I assume) some time that they haven’t . 
Hence don’t trust the figures you see there - if you suspect some hard quota been breached while it was off - increase it before re-initialising it or you might have write failures. 

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

GidonMarcus

The only risk I’m aware of is that the report you see now in the GUI is not up-to-date, and once you re-initialise  the quota rules you have across the volume will start applying again after (I assume) some time that they haven’t . 
Hence don’t trust the figures you see there - if you suspect some hard quota been breached while it was off - increase it before re-initialising it or you might have write failures. 

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK
Public