ONTAP Hardware

ATTO FibreBridge 7500N factory reset by support

not_so_funny

Actually i've not found working serial cable to do factory reset and i'm running out of time trying to connect to a blackbox. i'll get new router with dhcp these days. if it is not working with dhcp, is there any netapp support address where i can ship those two probably malfunctioning items for maintenance?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mjizzini

Serial port connections The ATTO FibreBridge supports remote service operations over the RS-232 serial port using standard terminal emulation software available with most systems. Connect a RJ45 to DB-9 serial cable (null modem) between the ATTO FibreBridge serial port and one of the computer's serial COM ports. A gender changer or DB-9 to DB-25 converter may be needed depending on the cables being used.

ATTO FibreBridge 7500

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Sanaman

Have you tried "ExpressNAV". 

akiendl

once you have access you try to set a fixed IP. most likely the bridges might be secured (aka network is hard disabled) as these devices are usually operated without being attached to any network and managed through ONTAP.

not_so_funny

I don't get the security point... if it has a serial console, why disabling network and not implementing factory reset button? Are they scared of people running around dc with pen and resetting not only switches and server, but also the bridges?

I've never heard of dc scumbag, but i do not have any dc experience - do i need a cage?

Anyway, i ordered netapp RJ45 to DB9 serial cable, DB9 to DB9 null modem cable, and DB9 to USB adapter. If it is not going to work, i will ask netapp star partner for setup support.

not_so_funny

I ordered P/N:112-00054 and it has only 3 wires connected to the RJ45 and it has...

RJ45 -> DB9

3->3 (tx)

4->5 (gnd)

6->2 (rx)

WTF was this cable made for??

Mjizzini

Serial port connections The ATTO FibreBridge supports remote service operations over the RS-232 serial port using standard terminal emulation software available with most systems. Connect a RJ45 to DB-9 serial cable (null modem) between the ATTO FibreBridge serial port and one of the computer's serial COM ports. A gender changer or DB-9 to DB-25 converter may be needed depending on the cables being used.

ATTO FibreBridge 7500

Public