ONTAP Hardware

FAS2040 Fault light keeps coming on

barry_prince

I have an FAS2040 (dual controller) running ONTAP 8.0.1 p4 that is working fine but the system fault light on the front of the console came on for no apparent reason a few weeks ago. No autosupport messages have been triggered and I have searched the syslogs but cannot find any warnings or errors (ie hardware failures etc)

I have cleared the fault light by performing a controlled halt, takeover on both filers but the light has come back on again. Is this a bug with my version of ONTAP or is there something else I should be looking for???

Cheers

Baz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

barry_prince

Problem solved. The system fault light can be lit for license issues as well. For example: sometime is licensed but disabled or something is enabled but not plugged in.

In my case we are licensed for NFS but the service was disabled. Enabled NFS on both filers and the light has gone out. Simple!

Cheers

Baz

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AIRCASTLE

I am having the same issue as you.  Same setup, FAS2040, dual, with 8.0.1P4.  The orange exclamation light is on, on the front and both controllers have the orange fault light on.  However no autosupport triggered and filerview shows everything as green.

barry_prince

Problem solved. The system fault light can be lit for license issues as well. For example: sometime is licensed but disabled or something is enabled but not plugged in.

In my case we are licensed for NFS but the service was disabled. Enabled NFS on both filers and the light has gone out. Simple!

Cheers

Baz

AIRCASTLE

You hit the nail on the head! Same resolution for me.

Thanks!

Public