ONTAP Hardware

FAS2650 EOSL

trackstar

Hello,

It looks like the date will be 05/31/2024.  We have two controllers.  We are interested in purchasing the the extended warranty.  Does that mean the storage array have the same EOSL.  Everywhere I read they referred to "FAS2650".  I am guessing its the complete system (if we buy the extended support).

Can someone confirm.

Thanks,

TT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

andris

Support entitlement is tracked at the controller (system serial number) level. For a FAS2650 HA system (2 controllers), you would purchase the entitlement for both controllers and the underlying storage.

As @SpindleNinja pointed out, the support period that you can purchase might be shortened by old storage drives in the system, if those drives go "end of support" before the FAS2650 system's EOS date.

Reference: Support Services Terms

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

SpindleNinja

It's the controllers themselves and the capacity that is licensed with the associated drives.

Note though that drives can have a different EOL date than controllers.   

trackstar

As long as the extended support covers the drive replacement, it will meet our needs.

SpindleNinja

Verity in the quote(s) with the account team.   

There can be cases where the controller's date is past the drives, in past quotes for customers i've seen the drive model called out when it's not. 

andris

Support entitlement is tracked at the controller (system serial number) level. For a FAS2650 HA system (2 controllers), you would purchase the entitlement for both controllers and the underlying storage.

As @SpindleNinja pointed out, the support period that you can purchase might be shortened by old storage drives in the system, if those drives go "end of support" before the FAS2650 system's EOS date.

Reference: Support Services Terms

Public