ONTAP Hardware

Volume Move Restricted status

Jiggy

Hi All,

I am currently moving a destination volume to another aggregate, volume move is healthy but when I checked, status of the said volume is restricted. Can someone advise is this is normal? as of this time, volume is still transferring. Thanks.

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Jiggy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pedro_rocha

Hello,

If this is the destination volume. .you are fine... since the move is running, the destination volume is restricted and TMP until the cutover happens.

Regards,

Pedro

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

pedro_rocha

Hello,

If this is the destination volume. .you are fine... since the move is running, the destination volume is restricted and TMP until the cutover happens.

Regards,

Pedro

Jiggy

Hi,

Thanks, I am just worried because I did this before in a 100GB prod volume and it did not act like this. Thanks for your answer.

Currently the volume I am moving is a Thick prov 8.5TB and 86% used, I am wondering why it is taking too long, I started it 18hrs ago and it is currently at 53%(replicated data) and says also that it will be done transferring after 23hrs more. I checked the cpu disk read/write and it is only 17 to 30%. Are there any ways to make the transfer faster? I don't think that it is about the Network since the transfer is only happening inside the system.

Regards,

Jiggy

pedro_rocha

Hello,

What happened in that move that did not go fine?

About the current one, 8.5TB is kind of a big volume. It could take long. Beside CPU, you should check for disk utilization on source and destination aggregates.

Regards,

Pedro

paul_stejskal

Restricted is normal yes. If you want the vol move faster, you may also want to see if you have high CPU latency (can use qos statistics volume latency show with -node filter to see what is under "-total-" row). https://kb.netapp.com/Advice_and_Troubleshooting/Data_Storage_Software/ONTAP_OS/FAQ%3A_ADR_FS%2F%2FADR_Engine%2F%2FBRE_performance_issues

Jiggy

Hi,

Volume went fine after transferring but it  did not reclaim the space in aggregate right after transfer. i waited for almost 1 day before it reflected in the aggregate.

Volume is okay now. Thanks.

Regards,

Jiggy

Public