Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Report on Protection Manager policy schedules for backups and replication

MIP_GMT01

I am trying to report on protection policies backup and replication schedules and retention. Is there an easy way of doing this? I have tried dfpm command and operations manager report but not able to get what I want. There is a command "dfpm policy schedule" but it only works for application policies. I am using version 5.0.1.7864 (5.0.1). Would appreciate any help. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ppavagad

Hi Muhammad/ Neil Holmes,

Please find attached the Script Plugin with name: PM_Extractor.zip.

This script plugin should help you in extracting schedule and retention information related to all the datasets to which a policy has been assigned.

The final output will be a consolidated CSV file.

The instructions to install the script and to view the output are in a file inside the archive titled, ReadMe.doc.

Also, do note that it is a primitive version of the Script Plugin. If you find any errors, please do report it back to us and we will try to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Pavan

Edit: Updated ReadMe.doc in the ScriptPlugin.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

NEILHOLMES

Hi adai and Muhammad,

the problem has been resolved by restarting the server where DFM is installed. I suspect that if I had only restarted the dfm service it would have resolved it also.

Your suggestion that I should restart the dfm services triggered a thought in my mind that, maybe the server had not been restarted since the installation of Perl. This was indeed the case which explains why the other, non-perl script (the Efficiency Dashboard) was able to handle the long file paths, as that scheduled task had been added prior to the last server restart.

The confusion came from the fact that, when ran manually at the command line perl could execute your script fine without the requirement for a server restart. The ability of dfm to correctly handle the scheduled execution of the script required the restart of the dfm service.

Many thanks for your efforts.

adaikkap

Hi Neils,

Happy to know that the problem is now resolved. As you said, just starting the dfm service would have suffice. As I said earlier I could only replicate this error when perl was not installed. Also do a internal search I found that this could happen when perl is installed after the installation of dfm.

Until version 3.8 of DFM or so we used to bundle perl along with the installation but from then on stopped doing so.

BTW muhammad can you confirm if your is as well resolved ?

Regards

adai

Public