AFF

monitor.volume.nearlyFull

Jsantos

application.PNG

Hello , I've bought an AFF-A220 , so I'm new with this,  let me explain my issue , I created an application with 3TB, automatically created a Volume and a LUN, I configured a virtual Machine and that vm has 2.5TB. everyday I receive this error below. Now application has 4,75TB, how this happens?  how can I fix?    

5 REPLIES 5

SeanLuce

Which snapshot policy is accociated with the volume?   My guess is snapshots are consuming space.

Jsantos

I will show what I have, where do I change  the policies? 

snap.PNGconfig.PNG

@SeanLuce wrote:

Which snapshot policy is accociated with the volume?   My guess is snapshots are consuming space.

SeanLuce

Yes, snapshots are consuming the space.  It doesn't appear that the array is controlling the schedule.  Do you have something like SnapCenter running?  Or some other 3rd party software initiating NetApp snapshots?  Backup software such as Commvault or Veeam can initiate NetApp snapshots.

Jsantos

we don't have 3rd party software  ,  how can i check SnapCenter is running? this is my first netapp and has 2 weeks 

TMACMD

It looks like the system was automatically taking scheduled snapshots and then very recently you toothed it off. This left all the old snapshots on the system

Delete them and that will clear up space

Public