AFF

E-Series SANtricity Management Plug-ins for VMware vCenter

SuperTeam

Hey,

Is there a chance that the e-series plugin for vsphere will be updated to support new santricity versions and esxi versions?

thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NetApp_RZ

Hello,

I have received official word from our internal team which confirmed my initial suspicions but wanted to make sure that they were correct before sharing publicly.

E-Series discontinued future support of the VMware plug-ins a couple years ago, though we still support VMware host attach.
Officially there are no plans to update these plugins.

Unofficially, our internal team is currently investigating the scope and effort required to restart support but provided no concrete timetables when that decision will or will not be made.

I'd be more than happy to forward any further concerns on this to the appropriate individuals.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

NetApp_RZ

The latest we have available is here - https://mysupport.netapp.com/NOW/cgi-bin/software/?product=E-Series+SANtricity+Management+Plug-ins&platform=VMware+vCenter

Features

NetApp SANtricity Plug-in for VMware vCenter 3.0 adds support for VMware vSphere Web Client 6.0.
Other features include the following:

• Added support for Ubuntu 16.04
  • Enhanced user interface
  • Enhanced ESXi host mapping wizard
  • Added support for IPv6 and Data Assurance
  • Enhanced technical support including Recovery Guru and AutoSupport
  • Compatible with SANtricity OS 8.40 and 11.40 or previous versions

We are checking internally if there was plans to update this beyond where it is now.
Will update here when we obtain updated info.

ttran

Hello,

We have acknowledged your request. We have reached out to our internal team regarding your request and will update you once we have more information.

Regards,

Team NetApp

Team NetApp

NetApp_RZ

Hello,

I have received official word from our internal team which confirmed my initial suspicions but wanted to make sure that they were correct before sharing publicly.

E-Series discontinued future support of the VMware plug-ins a couple years ago, though we still support VMware host attach.
Officially there are no plans to update these plugins.

Unofficially, our internal team is currently investigating the scope and effort required to restart support but provided no concrete timetables when that decision will or will not be made.

I'd be more than happy to forward any further concerns on this to the appropriate individuals.

Thanks.

Public