AFF

LIF FOR SAN (ONTAPP)

Arz

Dear All,

please help me for create Lif for SAN. 

we have connected 2FC port each node. I created SVM and enabled FC Protocol.

I did not created Lif for FC. kindly advise below cmd is fine or not (What is recommendation for LIF )

which wwwn i will use for zone?

network interface create -vserver svm01 -lif lif01 -role data -data-protocol fcp -home-node node01 -home-port 2a
network interface create -vserver svm01 -lif lif02 -role data -data-protocol fcp -home-node node01 -home-port 2b
network interface create -vserver svm01 -lif lif03 -role data -data-protocol fcp -home-node node02 -home-port 2a
network interface create -vserver svm01 -lif lif02 -role data -data-protocol fcp -home-node node02 -home-port 2b

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SpindleNinja

each will have it's own.   the physical target ports will have wwpns that start with 50:   the lifs will start with 20:  

SpindleNinja_0-1643820731322.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

SpindleNinja

you'll want to zone to the WWPN that is generated with the LIF.  

Arz

Dear SpindleNinja,

every LIF interface  has own wwpn? or single wwpn?

SpindleNinja

each will have it's own.   the physical target ports will have wwpns that start with 50:   the lifs will start with 20:  

SpindleNinja_0-1643820731322.png

Arz

Thank You, is Below cmd correct for lif configuration

network interface create -vserver svm01 -lif lif01 -role data -data-protocol fcp -home-node node01 -home-port 2a
network interface create -vserver svm01 -lif lif02 -role data -data-protocol fcp -home-node node01 -home-port 2b
network interface create -vserver svm01 -lif lif03 -role data -data-protocol fcp -home-node node02 -home-port 2a
network interface create -vserver svm01 -lif lif02 -role data -data-protocol fcp -home-node node02 -home-port 2b

SpindleNinja

That looks right.   I think you can also do it from the GUI?  

if you haven't seen it. this set of docs might be helpful for you. https://docs.netapp.com/us-en/ontap/san-admin/index.html 

Arz

Thanks I didnt find the option on GUI.

ONE more question....

do we need to create one LIF for  One fc physcial port?

do we need to create one LIF for  multiple  physcial fc port (group physical port)?

SpindleNinja

One per active FC port - per SVM. 

Arz

Thank you 😍

Public