AFF

Volume space

Atish1

Hi All,

Volume has 81% used percent space and I think due to  Volume autogrow is enabled on Volume, I did not received event on OnCommand Unified Manager (OCUM). The current usage of the aggregate aggr1_NZW00020 is 88%. What can be next possible action? Kindly suggest.

1. Netapp recommends to grow ( add disks) your aggregate when the utilization approach 80% - 85 % for better performance. 
2.  Increase Volume size and reduce used percent space to 70% to keep the filer perform well as it's WAFL file system which does need more free space to write anywhere. 

3. Ignore as we did not received alert and autogrow has been enabled.

4. Other action.

4 REPLIES 4

CHRISMAKI

I think that 80%-85% rule is outdated, I believe it's closer to 95% now. Much like my last reply to you, what versions are you running? OCUM is now called ActiveIQ Unified Manager.

If the volume didn't autogrow as expected, verify the following volume properties:

Maximum autosize

Autosize Grow Threshold Percentage

Autosize mode

Primary Space Management Strategy

As for getting more space in your aggregate, assuming adding disk is not an option, you could check if aggregate snapshots exist and delete them, enable cross volume deduplication, upgrade to 9.12.1 if on AFF, 9.14.1 if on FAS

Atish1

Hello sir,

I am using OnCommand Unified Manager Version: 9.5 and I cannot delete the Aggregate Snapshot without approval from user.

Atish1

Thanks for your response,

I am getting below mentioned error now. 

Atish1_0-1703144301069.png

CHRISMAKI

For anyone following along, Atish1 has jumped here from this thread.

An implicit quota is one that is inherited from the volume, so you will have to edit at that level instead. To do this, under Storage, click Quotas, Rules then hover over the type next to the hosting volume's name, click the three dots and then click Edit.

CHRISMAKI_1-1703173559120.png

which should bring up the Edit Quota box:

CHRISMAKI_2-1703173700664.png

Public