AFF

separate iscsi traffic and peering traffic on shared ports aff220

jlf79

I would use always the same ports (e0e and e0f) used for peering for iscsi traffic but isn't clear for me how I can separate the traffic (iscsi_a, iscsi_b, nfs, cifs). Now I've configured differente subnets for peering iscsi_a and iscsi_b so there are a logical separation but tecnically isn't very correct and I would use a VLAN.

I can create a svm but I can't use a vlan for it; also the GUi (9.7) allow me choose only the IP but I don't have find where set the vlan.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

SpindleNinja

vlans are created under ports.   You will then place the interface (IP)  ontop of the port.    

New GUI: 

SpindleNinja_0-1599920043753.png

Classic GUI: 

SpindleNinja_1-1599920120276.png

CLI -> "network port vlan create" 

jlf79

I've already created the vlans but I'm not able to use on svm because I can set just the IPs.

I don't have found where assign the vlan to svm (cli or gui).

thanks

SpindleNinja

I am kind at a loss where that GUI window is honestly...  I honestly find this easier in the "Classic" gui  or the CLI.  the new GUI... is ehhh... 

Back to your question.  When you create a LIF you have to specify type.  If it's "Data" you have to then specify the SVM. To  "assign" a VLAN to a LIF (Network Interface) you just put it on the correct port.    So if you want 192.168.100.101 to be on VLAN 100.  add it to the a1a-100 port when creating the LIF.   

Public