Community maintenance is complete. Thank you for your patience!

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Accessing SVM API on L3 interface

Martin1

I need to provide API access to one of our Netapp clusters, but I need to limit this to a single SVM.

I have created a SVM (on OnTap 9.7p7) with management htts service enabled and I'm able to access this over API from a server in the same subnet (using simple curl get/post/etc commands). So this works like a charm.

I then created a new SVM on a new cluster (still ontap 9.7p7), with the same settings, but now I'm trying to access the SVM on a routed interface. When I now try to access the SVM API, I end up on the custer (or admin SVM) instead of the data SVM I try to access! The data SVM is on a seperate vlan and with tcpdump on this vlan I can see the traffic. When I, as an example, run a "curl get ...  storage/volumes/...", my credentials does not work. I do not see any entries of this in the data SVM audit log, but if I check the admin SVM audit log I can see my failed login attempts. I then tried with credentials defined on the cluster and boom; I get a list of all volumes on the cluster. How can this be? Why am I not able to access the data SVM and why am I ending up on the cluster?

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public