Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Active IQ Unified Manager 9.7P1 logging out frequently

Novicer

There are multiple instances of Active IQ Unified Manager 9.7P1 installed in different locations for our company but cant find why only of the installations keeps logging out if we try to load something that has a lot of information, like performance view of aggregates, volumes or just list events at times. Click on the option like Aggregates on the left pane and the screen shows as though it is loading something then blanks and logs out right away. Tried with different user accounts with different permission levels. Couldn't find any relevant articles related to this problem anywhere. 

As mentioned this happens to only of the installations strangely. Checked the ocum logs to see any weird behaviour couldnt find any traces of the log out operation at all, in fact all the logged in events and the API calls to list the pages requested are mentioned. Appreciate if some one could advice how to figure out what is happening here. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Novicer

I did try to look out for everything mentioned in the referred articles. The memory looked as per requirements, the CPU and disk did. Everything looked ok. No errors seen. It felt crazy. Then I decided to clear the cache on the browser fully. I mean empty it and then loaded the page. It worked. Seems damn stupid, but it did work. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

NetApp_SR
Two things come to mind that can cause the behavior. This kind of behavior has been seen when the server has a duplicate IP address. The other thing is if the server does not have enough RAM. Manual says "12 GB (minimum requirement 8 GB)".

darb0505

Hi @Novicer ,

As my colleague, @NetApp_SR mention this could be related to a lack of memory.  You can reference KB: How to resolve memory issues with Active IQ Unified Manager for additional information and steps to increase the memory.

Let us know if you have any additional  questions.

Thanks

Team NetApp

Novicer

I did try to look out for everything mentioned in the referred articles. The memory looked as per requirements, the CPU and disk did. Everything looked ok. No errors seen. It felt crazy. Then I decided to clear the cache on the browser fully. I mean empty it and then loaded the page. It worked. Seems damn stupid, but it did work. 

Public