Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Add and Remove NTFS permissions - WFA Commands examples

solal

Hi guys.

I created these WFA commands to add permission to given UNC path, needed permission and domain user/group and another one to remove NTFS permission (usually Everyone-FullControl is auto and we want to remove it)

It's pretty straight forward.

The commands recieve info as inputs.

Please be advised that the user running WFA service needs to have permission and domainuser ID on the netapp that the shares are being modified on.

If this command is being used for changing permissions on windows direcotries, not on netapp shares, it will still work fine with the local-system service account.

I am now working on adapting these commands to run with vserver security file-directory command.

Enjoy,

Solal.

2 REPLIES 2

lornedornak

Do you have a dar file that works with WFA 4.1?

filer_sith

Do you have the DAR file of this? How to I import it to the WFA? thanks

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public