If you missed the pre-registration for NetApp MS Azure AD B2C, the new login prompt will offer the option to register. Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Command for NTFS Permissions rather than Share Permissions

TABER_BRANDEN

Does anyone have a command, or know the code to create a command, to set NTFS Pemissions on a Qtree/Share rather than Share permissions? The current command of "Set CIFS Share ACL" appears to only work with share permissions.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

ASHWINPAWARTESL

Hi Branden,

I don't know anything about the 'Set CIFS share ACL', but I don't think you can set NTFS permissions from the Filer like you do for share permissions.

On NetApp Filer, The command 'cifs access' sets or modifies the share-level Access Control List only, not the folders/files beneath that share.  The folder/file permsissions are set through the security tab in Windows Explorer.

Thanks,
-Ashwin

On the side note:
One way to see both permissions would be via Windows MMC (Computer->Manage->Connect to filer->Shared Folders->Properties). This should bring up both Share Permissions and Security tabs.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public