Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Config Advisor Issues

TMADOCTHOMAS

I recently downloaded Config Advisor 5.1 and have experienced problems ever since. The main issue: collection jobs don't work anymore. When I expand to see log entries, I get this:

----------------------------------------------------

No log results
*showing last 100 lines of log

----------------------------------------------------

It looks like it's trying to run for quite some time, then times out and says "failed". Any ideas?

Also: even back in 5.0 I had this issue. IE is the default browser so Config Advisor opens in IE, which is unsupported. I bookmarked the CA URL in Chrome, but the bookmark only works if I first open the nonfunctional CA in IE. Then I can close IE and everything continues to work in Chrome until I close it. Any ideas as to why I have to open IE first? Also: can the default browser for CA be changed?

1 REPLY 1

TMADOCTHOMAS

Well ... that was quick. I reinstalled it and now it's working.

Still would like any advice on loading Chrome when I launch the software. It's weird - if I close Chrome and re-open it while still logged into the same Windows session, Config Advisor starts without issue. But if I log off and on again, open Chrome and click the link - it doesn't work. I have to open it in IE again before it works in Chrome.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

Public