Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Create share and set ACL if share has $

3RDLINESUPPORT

I have work flow to create a share and then set and ACL on the share.

The work flow works preview ok if I set the share name as "share" but if I set it as "share$" I get the following error

Workflow aborted.

No results were found. The following filters have returned empty results:

Filter CIFS share by array, vfiler0 and share name

At command 'Set CIFS share ACL', tab 'Cifs_Share_Acl', variable 'Apply_ACL_Full', property 'cifs_share'

I guess that it cant pass my user input for the share name when it has a $ at the end.

Is there away of quoting or escaping the $, I cant find how to do it?

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

solal

Hi Dan.

First of all, try to apply the $ sign in the CIFS share name when created in share_name like that:

volume.name + '$'

Then, in the property cifs_share, you only need to tell it to use the object name used in "Define CIFS Share".

i.e: if in create CIFS share, the object of the command is named "cifs_share1", then in 'cifs_share' property in the create ACL on share command, write:   cifs_share1

It will take the share created with $ sign in the create share command.

I attached two screenshots of Create CIFS share (with $) and assign ACL to it as an image.

Regards,

Solal.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

solal

Hi Dan.

First of all, try to apply the $ sign in the CIFS share name when created in share_name like that:

volume.name + '$'

Then, in the property cifs_share, you only need to tell it to use the object name used in "Define CIFS Share".

i.e: if in create CIFS share, the object of the command is named "cifs_share1", then in 'cifs_share' property in the create ACL on share command, write:   cifs_share1

It will take the share created with $ sign in the create share command.

I attached two screenshots of Create CIFS share (with $) and assign ACL to it as an image.

Regards,

Solal.

View solution in original post

3RDLINESUPPORT

Hi Solal,

Works a treat.

Thanks.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public