Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

DFM 5.1 reporting "no instances of object type LUN" on one controller with LUNs

jbartlett

I have DFM 5.1 monitoring a FAS3250 HA pair. On one controller the LUN counters work as expected and my graphs in Performance Advisor are fine. But on the other controller, where there are LUNs, all the graphs are blank (LUN Summary View). I followed KB article 2015630 and it shows the LUN counters are enabled and collecting data, but under "instances" it shows nothing while the working controller shows every LUN as expected. Using "dfm lun list" comes back with all LUNs, including the ones that are on the misbehaving controller. It just seems that a counter instance has not been tied to any LUNs on this one particular controller. Any way to fix that? Using "dfm host diag" shows everything is operational.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jbartlett

Well, after a period of a week it automagically fixed itself. All counters are now logging data, graphs are good and no more "no instance" errors. Odd, but works for me......

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

jbartlett

Well, after a period of a week it automagically fixed itself. All counters are now logging data, graphs are good and no more "no instance" errors. Odd, but works for me......

Public