The transition to NetApp MS Azure AD B2C is complete. If you missed the pre-registration, you will be invited to register at next log in.
Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Default Performance Advisor Sample Rates?

MRJORDANG

Hello,

Does anybody know what the default sample rates are for Performance Advisor?  I cant find them documented anywhere on the Now site.

In my environment, I see that many of the objects have a sample rate of 1 minute which seems rather aggressive.   I'd like to compare the values I see in my environment to the out-of-the-box defaults. 

Thanks,

Jordan 

2 REPLIES 2

adaikkap

Hi Jordan,

To add to what pavan said, in case of 7-Mode systems, the collection interval, retention and the counter to collect a customizable. None of these can be done for ClusterMode.

The section 14 Datacollection of TR4090 gives details of how collection can be configured.

http://media.netapp.com/documents/tr-4090.pdf

Regards

adai

ppavagad

Hi Jordan,

The sample rate is based on units of 1 minute for 7-mode systems. Yes, default is 1 minute.

For Cluster-Mode systems, the sampling interval is 5 minutes.

Regards,

Pavan

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public