Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Delete an export rule by IP address

dawho1621

Hey Guys,

I'm looking to create a workflow that can by initiated by VCO to remove NFS Export Rules, based on a given list of IPs. I'm certainly not an expert in either SQL or Powershell, but I do have access to co-workers that are.

I would like to have VCO provide only cluster/vserver/export_name, and a comma seperated list of IPs and then have the WFA workflow take that list of IPs, and remove them. The trouble i have is that all the WFA examples i find will only remove an export rule by rule_index. so i am thinking i should be able to create a command using powershell that will match the IP to the rule_index and then remove that rule. then loop the command for each IP address given. (i have not found a workflow that does this already)

I have found that there is a filter "filter export rules by export policy", and that seems to generate a table that relates the IPs to the rule_index. i assume i should be able to use this, but i just dont understand how to use the output i need from that filter (the rule_index) and make powershell act on it.

Completely WFA-101 i'm sure, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Vogs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dawho1621

Got what i was missing...

$q = Get-NcExportRule -Template

$q.ClientMatch = $ClientMatch

$q.Vserver = $VserverName

$q.PolicyName = $PolicyName

$rule = Get-NcExportRule -Query $q

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

dawho1621

Got what i was missing...

$q = Get-NcExportRule -Template

$q.ClientMatch = $ClientMatch

$q.Vserver = $VserverName

$q.PolicyName = $PolicyName

$rule = Get-NcExportRule -Query $q

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public