Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

E-Series Plugin for WFA

coreywanless

Hey Guys,

I know the E-Series Package hasn't been updated for a while.  However, I'm setting it up in our WFA environment with the web proxy.

When I try to execute the Datasource for E-series, I get an error stating: "An access denied error occurred when registering scheduled job definition SANtricity-PSTK-ASUP-Dispatch.  Try running Windows PowerShell with elevated user rights; that is, Run As Administrator."

Has anyone seen the above error message?  I tested the datasource code from within WFA, and it worked just fine. So it seems to be how WFA executes powershell on the backend.

WFA Server OS Vers: Windows 2008 R2 Standard

WFA Vers: 4.1

Powershell Toolkit Version: 4.4.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sinhaa

@coreywanless @StevenB1016

I tested the datasource code from within WFA, and it worked just fine. So it seems to be how WFA executes powershell on the backend.

-----

Assuming the correctness of this test, I can tell you how to do the remaining. 

By default, WFA server executes Powershell as 'Local System' service account. If you want to run as Administrator or another system Account (Local or Domain)

Do the below:

1. Launch services.msc

2. Find the service 'NetApp WFA Server' and right-click  and select 'Properties'.

3. On Tab 'Log On' Select Radio Buttion from 'Local System Account' to 'this Account'

4. Now provide the credentials of the Administrator or any user. Save

5. Restart WFA Server service for the changes to take effect. Make sure the service has started. If not there could be reasons which need to be debugged further.

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

sinhaa

@coreywanless @StevenB1016

I tested the datasource code from within WFA, and it worked just fine. So it seems to be how WFA executes powershell on the backend.

-----

Assuming the correctness of this test, I can tell you how to do the remaining. 

By default, WFA server executes Powershell as 'Local System' service account. If you want to run as Administrator or another system Account (Local or Domain)

Do the below:

1. Launch services.msc

2. Find the service 'NetApp WFA Server' and right-click  and select 'Properties'.

3. On Tab 'Log On' Select Radio Buttion from 'Local System Account' to 'this Account'

4. Now provide the credentials of the Administrator or any user. Save

5. Restart WFA Server service for the changes to take effect. Make sure the service has started. If not there could be reasons which need to be debugged further.

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

coreywanless

Thanks. That did end up working for us. 

Public