Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Fields in Userinputs of Workflow References

kiessl

I am just starting to create my first workflows.

And I wonder if there is more documentation available (besides online help) about

- what variables show up in the table in the userinputs tab of the workflow references dialog

- how data flow through this userinput fields (e. g. can I use a userinput variable in queries to other userinput variables? Where must this userinput variables be placed?)

- how to get rid of entries in this table (I think there is a variable waiting for userinput of which I cannot find the source)?

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shailaja

Hi,

There are some good videos on workflows, user inputs and variables from Kevin.

https://communities.netapp.com/docs/DOC-22052

Hope it helps for the first set of queries above.

>>how to get rid of entries in this table (I think there is a variable waiting for userinput of which I cannot find the source)?

We understand this issue. For now, you will have to manually search in the workflow as to where you have used $UserInput. If '$' has been used in the workflow design, then it automatically becomes a user input.

In the upcoming release of WFA (2.1 version), we will be providing a search feature where a user input can be searched inside a workflow and eliminated or modified as required.

Thanks,

Shailaja

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

shailaja

Hi,

There are some good videos on workflows, user inputs and variables from Kevin.

https://communities.netapp.com/docs/DOC-22052

Hope it helps for the first set of queries above.

>>how to get rid of entries in this table (I think there is a variable waiting for userinput of which I cannot find the source)?

We understand this issue. For now, you will have to manually search in the workflow as to where you have used $UserInput. If '$' has been used in the workflow design, then it automatically becomes a user input.

In the upcoming release of WFA (2.1 version), we will be providing a search feature where a user input can be searched inside a workflow and eliminated or modified as required.

Thanks,

Shailaja

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public