Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Harvest, Grafana - vscan stats/graphs for cDOT

bkamil

Hi guys,

Has anyone already tried to make it work?

I was wondering if the required counters are available all the time or do they need to be collected on demand.
When I need to get vscan stats from cDOT CLI I normally do:

set -privilege diagnostic
statistics start -object offbox_vscan
[ ... wait ... ]
statistics stop
statistics show -object offbox_vscan

Cheers,
Kamil

2 REPLIES 2

madden

Hi @bkamil

The vscan stats will always be there; no need to start and stop with Harvest.   I haven't created a template for vscan or fpolicy stats for cDOT yet; I don't have vscan in my lab and the time to get a vscan server up and then code the template + dashboard never made it to the top of my to-do list.  But, if you check the instructions in the Harvest admin guide (chapter 9) you can probably pull something together.  I also had a session at NetApp Insight #62051 where I gave an example of adding some counters.  But, maybe someone else has already done this work and can share?!?

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Solution Architect - 3rd Platform - Systems Engineering NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO or both!

bkamil

Thanks Chris.

I went through the guide already and also attended your session in Berlin. Looks like I will just need to dedicate some time to get it running.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public