You can use System Manager to set up CIFS.
Before you begin
1. The CIFS license must be installed on your storage system.
2. While configuring CIFS in the Active Directory domain, you must ensure the following
requirements are met:
a) DNS must be enabled and configured correctly.
b) The storage system must be able to communicate with the domain controller using the fully
qualified domain name (FQDN).
c) The time differences (clock skew) between the storage system time and the domain time must
not be more than the skew time that is configured in Data ONTAP.
3. If CIFS is the only protocol configured on the Storage Virtual Machine (SVM), you must ensure
the following requirements are met:
a) The root volume security style must be NTFS.
b) By default, System Manager sets the security style as UNIX.
c) Superuser access must be set to Any for CIFS protocol.
1. From the home page, double-click the appropriate storage system.
2. Expand the Storage Virtual Machines hierarchy in the left navigation pane
3. In the navigation pane, select the SVM and click
Configuration > Protocols > CIFS
4. In the Configuration tab, click Setup .
5. Specify the NetBIOS name and the Active Directory domain details in the CIFS Server Setup dialog box.
6. Click Setup
For Creating a CIFS share refer https://library.netapp.com/ecm/ecm_download_file/ECMP1354558 page -186
If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.