Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

How to access older workflow logs in the execution window

kiessl

Hi,

I need to access a workflow in the workflow execution status window which is not currently shown in the list (because it is an older workflow). How can I do this?

Best Regards

Walter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tanzim

Hi Walter,

What Adai mentioned allows you to mention the maximum number of recent workflow execution records to be kept in the database. The default value is 20000.

To add to that , in case you want to access a workflow in the workflow execution status window not displayed in the current screen, navigate to WFA>Administration>Client Preferences>General(Tab).

Modify the value of "Workflow Execution" for the attribute "Max number of rows to display" to increase the no. of rows from the default value of 100.

Best,

Tanzim

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

adaikkap

Hi Walter,

Goto WFA> Administration> WFA Configuration> Advanced

Change the value of option named" Maximum workflow job executions to keep"

BTW can you give us more context on why you want you to go back to a workflow execution log.

This option is based on lines to keep and not on age or days to keep.

If you could give the customer or case details.

Will add the same to the RFE already filed for the same.

Regards

Adai

tanzim

Hi Walter,

What Adai mentioned allows you to mention the maximum number of recent workflow execution records to be kept in the database. The default value is 20000.

To add to that , in case you want to access a workflow in the workflow execution status window not displayed in the current screen, navigate to WFA>Administration>Client Preferences>General(Tab).

Modify the value of "Workflow Execution" for the attribute "Max number of rows to display" to increase the no. of rows from the default value of 100.

Best,

Tanzim

kiessl

Hi Tanzin,

Hi Adai,

thanks for your responses.

With setting the client preferences to 2000 I can browse older workflows. Can you telll me what the maximum number of rows is which can be displayed?

In the execution status window each workflow which was executed is documented in detail. I can see the execution time and status else well as the detailed execution plan with user input, flow and command details/messages. This information I want/need to use for auditing purposes. Thus I need the possibility to browse in older workflow jobs. Furthermore older workflows should not be deleted automatically. And a possibility to search in the workflow jobs for storage items such as volumem LUN or storage system names would be helpful.

Thanks for your help!

Best Regards

Walter

sinhaa

I see ( in wfa 2.1) that by setting the Maximum number of rows to display = 0 , The execution status will show all the workflow executed till now. You can set 0 for Acquisition jobs and reservations as well. This helps when you are not sure if your required workflow execution is within the top 100 or 1000 or 5000 and just want to see all the entries. I don't think there is any limit to how many rows can be displayed, this limits will be defined by Maximum workflow job executions to keep.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

tanzim

Hi Walter,

Please refer to a previous thread that discusses a similar topic : WFA Workflow Execution Logs

In case you still have queries , please feel free to post them on this thread and we will be more than glad to address them.

Best,

Tanzim

Public