Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

How to avoid new volume creation when provisioning qtree ?

alain_boyer

Hello,

I found lots of interesting information in this forum. I sincerely thank all participants for their assistance to the community.

We have a problem for which I did not find all the necessary information.

We need to integrate an existing volume in a dataset.
The volume has been created manually before storage system integration in OCUM.
This volume contains about 180 qtrees with quota.

We created a dataset with adequate provisioning policy.
We added the volume to the dataset.

We increased the number of qtree volume in general options "dfm options set maxQtreesPerVolume = 200" and in options of the dataset "dfpm dataset set <dataset> maxQtreesPerVolume = 300".

Despite these options, OCUM creates a new volume when we ask for provisioning a new space.

We want to continue to create new spaces (qtrees) in the existing volume.

How is it possible to force OCUM to use the existing volume instead of creating a new one ?

Many thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES 3

adaikkap

Hi Alain,

You cannot provision a new qtree in a volume that was imported into a dataset but not provisioned by Provisioning Manager.

There is a request for enhancement on this, but not been addressed for the time I know of.

Regards

adai.

Message was edited by: Adaikkappan Arumugam

alain_boyer

Hi Adai,

Many thanks for your reply.

I suppose that you mean "You cannot provision a new qtree in a volume that was imported into a dataset and not provisioned by Provisioning Manager."

Right ?

Do you have any information about next version of UM for DOT 7-mode ?

I understood that UM 6 does not support 7-mode; therefore this lets suppose that there will be no more enhancement on UM for 7-mode….

I hope that I misunderstood ! ! !

Best Regards

adaikkap

Hi Alain,

Sorry for the confusion. Yes you are right. I meant Cannot and not can. The next version, OCUM 5.2.1 is under development.

Regards

adai

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public