Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

How to find Operations Manager/Protection Manager Licenses in the NOW site

demelo

Team, Sorry to bother your busy day! I would appreciate if you could please guide me to the right direction.

One of my customers has 250+ systems and we have been selling Operations Manager and Protection Manager with every new system as well as sold a lot of OM/PM for the existing systems last year. Multiple of Purchases Orders within the last year.

We are in the process of upgrading the entire DFM infrastructure (6 x DFM Servers with 250+ systems) to DFM 4.0 as well as from BCO to Protection Manager. I need to find all their PM licenses for all their systems – or at least the licenses that we had sold for the new systems since last year.

I’ve already tried the NOW site and can’t get any details.

Is there a better way/place that I can go and get all their OM/PM licenses.

This is pretty urgent since we are in the middle of upgrading DFM to 4.0 so all licenses must be available.

Any guidelines will be highly appreciated.

Thank You very much!

Cris de Melo

Systems Engineers

4 REPLIES 4

sanjyoth

Hi Cris,

>>Is there a better way/place that I can go and get all their OM/PM  licenses.

You can try "dfm license list" command on their DFM servers to obtain the licenses you are looking for..

here is an example:

Manual:

dfm license help

NAME
    license -- enable or disable licensed features

SYNOPSIS
    dfm license disable <feature> ... | <license-key> ...
    dfm license install <license-key> ...
    dfm license list [ <feature> ... ]

DESCRIPTION
    The license command manages the list of licensed
    features, enabling them (with license codes) or disabling
    them.

License codes are 14-character strings which enable
    product features.

[root@mysystem ~]# dfm license list
Feature                   License Code              Serial #    Nodes   Expiration
----------------             --------------                      -----------      ------       -----------
core                        XXXXXXXXXXXXX         1-50-000001 999    18  Jan 2038
bizcon                    XXXXXXXXXXXXX         1-50-000001 999    18  Jan 2038
san                         XXXXXXXXXXXXX        1-50-000001 999    18  Jan 2038
srm                         XXXXXXXXXXXXX        1-50-000001 999    18  Jan 2038
dataprotection      XXXXXXXXXXXXX        1-50-000001 999    18 Jan 2038
provisioning          XXXXXXXXXXXXX        1-50-000001 999    18 Jan  2038
disasterrecovery  XXXXXXXXXXXXX        1-50-000001 999    18 Jan 2038
all                           XXXXXXXXXXXXX         1-50-000001 999     18 Jan 2038

Hope this was helpful...

Regards

Sanjyoth

eric_barlier

Try this mate:

http://now.netapp.com/eservice/agree.do

there is also a SEND TO EMAIL button that will send them all in a CSV file. pretty neat.

Eric

sschmitt

Hi,

I got the same problem and built a custom search for serial numbers starting with 1500* and customer name.

That prints all DFM/PM licenses.

regards,

Stefan

davidheder

The best way I found was to query the NOW site software license utility and search on the "sales order" number.  Found them all in one search.

Public