The transition to NetApp MS Azure AD B2C is complete. If you missed the pre-registration, you will be invited to reigister at next log in.
Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

How to rename a controller in DFM reports?

michaelmayerlvs

Hello,

I have multiple DFM servers in our infrastructure, but I have a single DFM server that seems to have an issue with just a single pair of controllers.  This DFM instance shows my controllers in one site properly within DFM - if I go into DFM, go to global, then view the physical controllers it is there with the proper name.  However, any storage reports I send from this DFM install are showing the IP address of these two controllers instead of the hostname.  In my reports, if I have the column Aggregate Storage System (A), two of my controllers show IP addresses - the other controllers do not.  I am hoping that this is something that can be easily remedied - I don't see how to do this from the dfm CLI or GUI, so I am looking for some guidance on this.

Thanks!

Michael

2 REPLIES 2

adaikkap

Hi Michael,

Can you get the version of DFM/OCUM you are running along with the dfm report column names. The same can be got by this cli.

dfm report view <report-name> help.

Regards

adai

michaelmayerlvs

Sure, the column names that report this IP address are:

Aggregate Storage System (A)

Volume Full Name

Storage System Name

As for the version, it is 5.1:

dfm version

dfm 5.1 (5.1)

Thanks!

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public