The transition to NetApp MS Azure AD B2C is complete. If you missed the pre-registration, you will be invited to register at next log in.
Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Mapping a VMware DataStore to a Volume

keitha

Likely a newbie question here but I am struggling trying to figure out how to determine a volume identity from a VMware datastore. That is, I want the end user to select a VMware datastore and then take some action on the underlying volume (snapshot). I can sort of see how to do this in cDOT (as there is a VC Volume from Datastore filter but there does not seem to be a similar filter for 7-mode)

Feels like it should be be straightforward (the Remove VMware datastore Workflow does it but I can't see how it does the magic...)

thanks

Keith

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

goodrum

Ok so spoilers but I have gone ahead and exported a new workflow from the updated Pirate Pack for VMware.  This workflow is very similar to what you are looking for.  Now the Filter that you are asking about was from a demo workflow that I shared with you offline but it is included in this workflow. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

goodrum

Ok so spoilers but I have gone ahead and exported a new workflow from the updated Pirate Pack for VMware.  This workflow is very similar to what you are looking for.  Now the Filter that you are asking about was from a demo workflow that I shared with you offline but it is included in this workflow. 

View solution in original post

keitha

Thanks Jeremy. That rocks. (I was soooo close).

Now to modify it for 7-mode!

Keith

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public