Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

NetApp Harvest 2.0 - now open source

vachagan_gratian

Dear all,

I am very happy to share some good news with you.

But first, my deepest apologies for the long silence and no responses from my side to your messages. In the past couple of months Harvest 2.0 was growing rapidly and at some point it was beyond the power of one person to develop it.

Fortunately, the Engineering team of NetApp joined forces to make this project succeed. Now the great news: we published Harvest 2.0 GA on Github just yesterday. For details about this release, see our announcement. Feel free to join our Slack channel or communicate with us on Github.

We worked hard to achieve a highly flexible, open-collector architecture in Harvest 2.0. In the coming months we will add more collectors, plugins and features. It will be a great journey and I hope you share it with us. 

Love,

Vachagan

6 REPLIES 6

paul_stejskal

Awesome! Any idea if nabox will be updated? @yannbizeul 

yannb

@yannbizeul is probably an old account when I was a partner back in the days 🙂

NAbox will totally be updated, but only with v3. beta5 will include Harvest GA !

paul_stejskal
Ha, well it wasn't coming up in autocomplete, or maybe I'm an idiot. I should have typed your SSO ID.

Thanks Yann!

maskajan09

Hello

great news

but I still miss any documentation what and how is collected. Here is my previous post where I asked those questions. 

harvest counters 

Could you please point me to a relevant doc? I only hope there is any because it looks like there is none.

Thank you very much

cprivitere

I don't see any information on the announcement or github page, is there a migration path for preserving data from 1.6.1 into 2.x? It says in the announcement that we should upgrade, but upgrade instructions seem limited on 2.x -2.x+ versions.

satheeshnp

My harvest poller process is getting killed everytime. Its runs well for 2 days and then it automatically gets killed. 

Any idea you can help. 

DC-01 ORLAFF2 19412 unknown: os: process already finished
DC-01 testnas1 19422 unknown: os: process already finished

Public