The transition to NetApp MS Azure AD B2C is complete. If you missed the pre-registration, you will be invited to register at next log in.
Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

NetApp Management Console

jan_gezels

Hi

We just had a filer implementation and our supplier installed the NetApp Management Console. This console provides a dashboard with to modules (I think these are the modules you installed but anyway)

We have a tab Protection and a tab Provisioning. In Protection you can create a data set which holds volumes and shedules and so on which will perform an automated snapmirror and snapvault between 2 or more systems.

It will do everything automatically. So much for the intro, now my questions:

* Is there any Admin guide for this??? Can't find it and the naming is not really straight-forward if you ask me.

* Is there debug logging available because the info given in the application is next to nothing

* we have an issue where the volumes are not getting resized however if we just go to the filer via the CLI a vol size xxx +1x works just fine

-> it's a thin provisioned, snapmirrored volume  (s2filera  ----snapmirror-----> s1filerc (volume on this filer won't resize by the software)

-> thin provisioning is on (on source vol), auto-grow is off (on source vol), fs_fixed_size is on (on source vol)

Check the screenshot for more info

Thanks for your input

5 REPLIES 5

dcornely1

For the NMC documentation go here:

http://support.netapp.com/documentation/productlibrary/index.html?productID=60317

Click on the All Documents link for the version of OnCommand that you are using (NMC is a component of OnCommand).  There are 2 main pieces to the Management Console - Performance Advisor and the Provisioning/Protection Manager.  Sounds like you are interested in the latter so just scroll down to the Provisioning & Data Protection entry and you'll find the documentation.

jan_gezels

Thanks, this is looking good indeed!

adaikkap

Hi Jan,

Are you using OCUM 5.1 ? Is this error consistent ? Pls open a case.

Regards

adai

D_BEREZENKO

Any success on finding documentation for NetApp Management Console (not for OnCommand Core/Unified Manager)? I'm interesting in configuration and administration guide.

jan_gezels
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public