Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

No data in OnCommand 5.0 Dashboard

rdenyer001

Hi all,

I have downloaded and installed OnCommand 5.0.

I installed it over the top of my previous DFM 4  server - install all went 100%  no errors.

I have made sure that SSL and HTTPS are configured as per instructions.

Ops Manager is working 100%  and the new 3.1 Management Console is also OK.

Only problem I have is that I am not getting any information showing up in the new OnCommand 5.0 Dashboard.

If I use the "add" button under "storage systems"  it just tkes me to Ops Manager and shows my existing systems.

Have I missed something ? 

42 REPLIES 42

bsti

I'm having the same exact issue as the user above describes.  No data on the new OnCommand console, but the old Ops Manager console works normally.  I did a complete uninstall/reinstall out of desperation without success.

I tried removing the indicated line from the httpd.conf file, but when I restart the DFM services the line reappears, so that's no use.  If there is a resolution out  there for this, I'd love to hear about it.  Thanks!

bsti

I worked with Tech support on this today and we found a bug and workaround. 

Originally, I was accessing the server via it's DNS host name http(s)://server.domain.com.  When I use the server IP address rather than the host name, the dashboard works correctly.  Example:  http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

This workaround works for me for now, so I thought I'd put this here in case anyone runs into this issue.

rdenyer001

Thanks  for the above post.

Checked on my system this morning and using the IP address instead of domain name  worked.

Did tech support suggest any reason for this  ?

Name resoultion all works 100% on our network 

bsti

Unfortunately, no reason or cause was given.  The tech said he is thinking its a bug.  Im assuming we'll see a fix for this eventually.

adaikkap

Can you pls share your case nubmer ? So that we can follow it up internally ?

Regards

adai

bsti

Sure:  2002600341

stevecotes

Thanks for posting this.

It solved a problem I was having.

-steve

bsti

No problem.  I figured I wasn't the only one.

REALWAITE

So, do you know if it exist a fix for that bug or will it be fix in the 5.1 version?

Thanks,

Réal

adaikkap

The fix for this bug exist in version 5.0.1 which is already available in NOW.

You are basically hitting this bug.Where even a workaround is specified.

http://support.netapp.com/NOW/cgi-bin/bol?Type=Detail&Display=541326

Regards

adai

jayanthi

It is not clear here so far that whether the data is not seen only in the Dashboard tab or all other tabs as well.

It works fine here in our intranet even by using the DNS name in the URL. So i just wanted to isolate whether the problem is with dashboard alone or common to all tabs which could be because of some thing else mostly related to DNS name resolution. Can some one please confirm this?

bsti

I sure can. It's all tabs.  It's like ALL communcation to the database is broken.  None of my groups show up either.  If I go to edit the configruation options, none of the options are filled in, and if I click the "Save" button, nothing is changed.  ANy and all data is broken.

rdenyer001

Same here all tabs.

adaikkap

Hi Richard,

Can you create a case with NGS for the issue you are facing ?

Regards

adai

rdenyer001

Dont really have a problem any more so long as I use the IP addresses and not  DNS name everything is working just  fine

But suppose to add weight to the problem I can log a case

jayanthi

Can you please run the command "nslookup <FQDN>" and confirm the domain name getting resolved to the right ip address?

rdenyer001

All that may be interested .

I have just found out from our IT Team that  we have not been running a"reverse lookup zone"  for DNS.

Guess this is what may have been causeing the problem ?

The contractor  that did our AD  domain migration said we did not need one.

renem

Also to prevent of some uggly effects, it is recommended to add the URL to the "Trusted sites"

jayanthi

Hello Richard/bsti, can you please let me know the relative locations of the start.html that is shown in the URL and the other javascript files that are referred from the start.html file?

I wanted to know this because the relative locations of these files really matter. If you can share the start.html file, that is even better.

jayanthi

Looks like I found the root cause. The culprit is the word "opsmgr" in the FQDN.

URL is being wrongly parsed while making API calls to the server. That is the reason, all the APIs are failing.

This must be working fine when OnCommand is installed on a server which doesn't have the word "opsmgr" in the FQDN.

Can you please confirm this?

rdenyer001

Hi Jayanthi,

ATM we are pretty flat out so I dont have any time to try this out.

Let you know in a couple of weeks if it fixes the problem.

Public