If you missed the pre-registration for NetApp MS Azure AD B2C, the new login prompt will offer the option to register. Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OCUM 6 & VMPlayer

yweisser

Hi all,

for lab purpose, I would like to install OCUM 6 & OPM on my laptop, which has VMWare player installed.

the OVA import works well, but I seem to have problems with the network configuration, it can only work in DHCP. When I try to setup a static IP, the changes are not commited...

Here are the error messages I see:

Mounting HGFS shares => failed

Previous configuration could not get restored. Giving up

Commit Failed

Is there a way to have it work on VMware player? or it just cannot work with VMware Player?

for information, I left the default parameters in the VM (1 network interface in NAT)

thanks in advance

y

2 REPLIES 2

ncbeck

This issue still exists for OCUM6.1R1, which I have just installed to run under VMware Workstation. A workaround has been posted here: http://ybontap.tynsoe.org/wordpress/network-va-fusion/ ...thanks YB.

If you're unfamiliar with vi, you can use the /string to find the required section of the vmware-tools.

venkat3

Hi Yweisser,

>for lab purpose, I would like to install OCUM 6 & OPM on my laptop, which has VMWare player installed.

On VMWare player , deploying OCUM6.1/OPM1.0 would result in an unsupported configuration

and i believe the VMplayer's vmware tools cause HGFS(host guest file system) failures.

OCUM6.1/OPM1.0 are supported only on VMWare ESX server.

We would recommend deploying OCUM6/OPM1.0 on ESX servers only.

Please refer to IMT matrix for supported configurations (http://mysupport.netapp.com/matrix)

-Srinivas

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public