Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OCUM 7.2P1 Backup Failing - Error occurred while copying files inside temporary directory

Chris_Jones

I have a freshly deployed OCUM 7.2P1 Virtual Appliance. The database backups are enabled and backing up to the default location, /data/ocum-backup/

In the OCUM events I see this event every day:

Daily database backup 'UM_7.2P1_backup_unix_11-07-2017-18-00.7z' creation failed. Reason: Copying a file or directory is failed due to a file system error.

I enabled the diag user and had a look at the /var/log/ocum/ocum-error.log and it has these entries at 6pm every day:

2017-11-06 18:00:15,309 ERROR [oncommand] [taskScheduler-3] [Backup|ScheduleBackup] [c.n.d.impl.backup.BackupProperties] Error occurred while copying files inside temporary directory in Backup path
2017-11-06 18:00:15,405 ERROR [oncommand] [taskScheduler-3] [Backup|ScheduleBackup] [c.n.d.impl.backup.BackupScheduleJob] Error while creating the backup

I read this NetApp KB, https://kb.netapp.com/support/s/article/internal-um-database-backup-errors, that mentions the permissions on the file:

/opt/netapp/essentials/rp/security/proxy.server.p12

I've checked my virtual appliance at the /opt/netapp/essentials/rp/security folder is empty.

Any thoughts on what else I can check?

Thanks,

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SYNTAXERROR

Hi Chris

Go into the diag console mode.

Check the permissions on the file:

ls -al  /data/ocie/server.keystore

and change it:

chown jboss:root /data/ocie/server.keystore

I hope this helps as I had the same error in a customer environment..

Kind regards

Dario

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

SYNTAXERROR

Hi Chris

Go into the diag console mode.

Check the permissions on the file:

ls -al  /data/ocie/server.keystore

and change it:

chown jboss:root /data/ocie/server.keystore

I hope this helps as I had the same error in a customer environment..

Kind regards

Dario

View solution in original post

Chris_Jones

Hi Dario,

Thanks for the reply, good to know it's not just me 🙂

I tried changing ownership of the file but got this error:

diag@svr-ocum:/data/ocie$ chown jboss:root /data/ocie/server.keystore
chown: changing ownership of `/data/ocie/server.keystore': Operation not permitted

I had to run this command:

sudo chown jboss:root /data/ocie/server.keystore

I changed the database backup schedule to run in a couple of minutes and it succeeded. Thank you so much for this, really appreciated.

I am deploying OCUM 7.2P1 at a customer site early next week and am happy I was able to resolve this before being onsite.

Thanks for this!

Chris

SYNTAXERROR

Hi Chris

You're welcome. 😃

Sure I always do a

sudo su -

at the beginning so I forgot to tell you that.

Good to hear that it worked.

Cheers

Dario

Chris_Jones

I've also checked the OCUM debugs and I see this every day:

2017-11-07 18:00:14,716 ERROR [oncommand] [taskScheduler-3] [Backup|ScheduleBackup] [c.n.d.impl.backup.BackupProperties] Error occurred while copying files inside temporary directory in Backup path
java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: /data/ocie/server.keystore
        at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(UnixException.java:84) ~[na:na]
        at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:102) ~[na:na]
        at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:107) ~[na:na]
        at sun.nio.fs.UnixCopyFile.copyFile(UnixCopyFile.java:230) ~[na:na]
        at sun.nio.fs.UnixCopyFile.copy(UnixCopyFile.java:581) ~[na:na]
        at sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystemProvider.copy(UnixFileSystemProvider.java:253) ~[na:na]
        at java.nio.file.Files.copy(Files.java:1274) ~[na:1.8.0_144]
        at com.netapp.dfm.impl.backup.BackupProperties.copyToTempDirectory(BackupProperties.java:176) ~[dfm-impl.jar:7.2P1]
        at com.netapp.dfm.impl.backup.BackupRestoreManager.createBackupInTransaction(BackupRestoreManager.java:223) [dfm-impl.jar:7.2P1]
        at com.netapp.dfm.impl.backup.BackupRestoreManager.createBackup(BackupRestoreManager.java:185) [dfm-impl.jar:7.2P1]
        at com.netapp.dfm.impl.backup.BackupRestoreManager$$FastClassBySpringCGLIB$$7bcdd65f.invoke(<generated>) [dfm-impl.jar:7.2P1]
        at org.springframework.cglib.proxy.MethodProxy.invoke(MethodProxy.java:204) [spring-core.jar:4.3.4.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.CglibAopProxy$DynamicAdvisedInterceptor.intercept(CglibAopProxy.java:651) [spring-aop.jar:4.3.4.RELEASE]
        at com.netapp.dfm.impl.backup.BackupRestoreManager$$EnhancerBySpringCGLIB$$466e19c4.createBackup(<generated>) [dfm-impl.jar:7.2P1]
        at com.netapp.dfm.impl.backup.BackupScheduleJob.run(BackupScheduleJob.java:23) [dfm-impl.jar:7.2P1]
        at com.netapp.dfm.core.scheduling.DelegatingJob.execute(DelegatingJob.java:53) [dfm-app-common.jar:7.2P1]
        at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:202) [quartz.jar:na]
        at org.springframework.scheduling.support.DelegatingErrorHandlingRunnable.run(DelegatingErrorHandlingRunnable.java:54) [spring-context.jar:4.3.4.RELEASE]
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [na:1.8.0_144]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [na:1.8.0_144]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) [na:1.8.0_144]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293) [na:1.8.0_144]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [na:1.8.0_144]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [na:1.8.0_144]
        at com.netapp.dfm.common.logging.MDCClearingThreadFactory$1.run(MDCClearingThreadFactory.java:28) [dfm-common.jar:7.2P1]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [na:1.8.0_144]
2017-11-07 18:00:14,781 ERROR [oncommand] [taskScheduler-3] [Backup|ScheduleBackup] [c.n.d.impl.backup.BackupScheduleJob] Error while creating the backup
com.netapp.dfm.impl.backup.BackupCreationException: Copying a file or directory is failed due to a file system error.
        at com.netapp.dfm.impl.backup.BackupProperties.copyToTempDirectory(BackupProperties.java:180) ~[dfm-impl.jar:7.2P1]
        at com.netapp.dfm.impl.backup.BackupRestoreManager.createBackupInTransaction(BackupRestoreManager.java:223) ~[dfm-impl.jar:7.2P1]
        at com.netapp.dfm.impl.backup.BackupRestoreManager.createBackup(BackupRestoreManager.java:185) ~[dfm-impl.jar:7.2P1]
        at com.netapp.dfm.impl.backup.BackupRestoreManager$$FastClassBySpringCGLIB$$7bcdd65f.invoke(<generated>) ~[dfm-impl.jar:7.2P1]
        at org.springframework.cglib.proxy.MethodProxy.invoke(MethodProxy.java:204) ~[spring-core.jar:4.3.4.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.CglibAopProxy$DynamicAdvisedInterceptor.intercept(CglibAopProxy.java:651) ~[spring-aop.jar:4.3.4.RELEASE]
        at com.netapp.dfm.impl.backup.BackupRestoreManager$$EnhancerBySpringCGLIB$$466e19c4.createBackup(<generated>) ~[dfm-impl.jar:7.2P1]
        at com.netapp.dfm.impl.backup.BackupScheduleJob.run(BackupScheduleJob.java:23) ~[dfm-impl.jar:7.2P1]
        at com.netapp.dfm.core.scheduling.DelegatingJob.execute(DelegatingJob.java:53) [dfm-app-common.jar:7.2P1]
        at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:202) [quartz.jar:na]
        at org.springframework.scheduling.support.DelegatingErrorHandlingRunnable.run(DelegatingErrorHandlingRunnable.java:54) [spring-context.jar:4.3.4.RELEASE]
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [na:1.8.0_144]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [na:1.8.0_144]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) [na:1.8.0_144]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293) [na:1.8.0_144]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [na:1.8.0_144]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [na:1.8.0_144]
        at com.netapp.dfm.common.logging.MDCClearingThreadFactory$1.run(MDCClearingThreadFactory.java:28) [dfm-common.jar:7.2P1]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [na:1.8.0_144]
Caused by: java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: /data/ocie/server.keystore
        at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(UnixException.java:84) ~[na:na]
        at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:102) ~[na:na]
        at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:107) ~[na:na]
        at sun.nio.fs.UnixCopyFile.copyFile(UnixCopyFile.java:230) ~[na:na]
        at sun.nio.fs.UnixCopyFile.copy(UnixCopyFile.java:581) ~[na:na]
        at sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystemProvider.copy(UnixFileSystemProvider.java:253) ~[na:na]
        at java.nio.file.Files.copy(Files.java:1274) ~[na:1.8.0_144]
        at com.netapp.dfm.impl.backup.BackupProperties.copyToTempDirectory(BackupProperties.java:176) ~[dfm-impl.jar:7.2P1]
        ... 18 common frames omitted
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

Public