Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OnCommand System Manager 3.1.1 doesn't tolerate Java 8 Existence

bsnyder27

Per a Java.com recommendation, I upgraded to the java 8 jre for Windows this morning.  Afterwards, System Manager gave errors that it could not authenticate securley.  

After uninstalling java 8, functionality was restored.

Any ideas on how to force System Manager to use the java 7 client w/ the java 8 client installed as well?

26 REPLIES 26

yuvaraju

Did you try with 3.1.2 RC2. 3.1.2 RC2 has Support for Oracle Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 8

DannyP

Yes we have. We have a project installing all new NetApp filers and disk, and the NetApp consultant showed us a workaround by installing the Java 7 development kit. 

While it worked, and we were able to uninstall that version of Java and install the newest version, NetApp is largely a development company and that is really sloppy. 

txalamar

> java -version

java version "1.8.0_71"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_71-b15)

Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.71-b15, mixed mode)

and then the message OnCommand System Manager requires you to install a 64-bit Java 8 or 64-bit Java 7 software.

Please help.

aborzenkov

Try different browser. I have the same issue generally with IE11, it is not limited to OCSM.

txalamar

As stated in doc. JRE must be installed not Java SE.

Install suscessfull.

aborzenkov

JRE must be installed not Java SE.

I do not understand it. There is Java SE Runtime Environment and Java SE Development Kit. Both are Java SE. Can you explain what you mean?

Public