Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OnCommand Unified Host 1.2... nothing but problems.

JEREMY_SUNSHINE

Hey all,

Experiencing nothing but problems since we started trying to use OnCommand host for our VMware volumes. 

Currently, we are having two severe issues: DFM seems to lose connectivity to the host agent, all backups fail from that point on, and restarting the host service hangs, I'm having to reboot the server to restore functionality.

Secondly, the local backup schedule isn't being followed consistently: I have it set to keep hourlies for a day, daylies for a week, weeklies for a month, and monthlies for 3 months, however, right now, I have: the last hourly, an hourly from 9 days ago, a daily from 2 weeks ago.  (past this are snapshots from the previous backup setup.)  However, it isn't consistent across all the datasets, as one of the other datasets has a few more dailies kept, even though all of them are on the same local policy.

I have a case open with support about this, but I've been getting very little traction (no contact in the last 2 days, despite attempts on my part to contact them) and am looking for any help I can get.

Not sure what info will be needed to troubleshoot, but here's some salient details:  OC core 5.1, OC host 1.2, FAS3210s, both software packages are installed on Win 2k8 R2-64, all living on the same subnet.  OC Host is installed on the VMware vCenter server, VMware is all on 4.1.

Thanks for any help you mabe be able to provide.

21 REPLIES 21

JEREMY_SUNSHINE

Kevin,

I understand your concern as to the correctness of the case, however, please understand that while we have been working on this issue via that case, the tech support person has not been updating it to reflect that (I spent much of yesterday on the phone with him)  and that he told me that he would open another case as you suggest, but never accomplished that act.

He told me yesterday he would be out of the office today.

Public