Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Ops Manager disk threshold notification verification

pmonte

I have a customer asking the following:

I can set up disk thresholds so that when a user exceeds their threshold, they will get an email notification.  However, three days later when their disk space is still over the threshold I have no way of knowing if the email was sent.  Is there a log file somewhere that will show the email was sent to the user?  If not, do I have a way of being notified X days after a threshold has gone unresolved?

Is there anyone that can answer this?

Thanks.,

3 REPLIES 3

adaikkap

Hi

Is there a log file somewhere that will show the email was sent to the user? 

Yes.You will find a log file named alert.log under /opt/NTAPdfm/log, if installed with default location else under <installdir>/NTAPdfm/log

The contents will be like this.

May 12 14:23:38 [dfmeventd: INFO]: [3364:0x6ffabb0]: alarm 1, event 83148, Aggregate Full on aggr0: sending email alert to user@domain.com. took 2 seconds

Where

alarm 1 is the alarm id.

event 83148 is the event id

Aggregate Full is the event name.

aggr0 is the object name.

user@domain.com is the email address set in the alarm.

If not, do I have a way of being notified X days after a threshold has gone unresolved?

Yes.Did you try setting up a repeat notification ?

[root@lnx]# dfm alarm create help

NAME
    create -- create a new alarm, triggered by particular events specified by the options

SYNOPSIS
    dfm alarm create [ -E <email-to-addresses> ] [ -F <page-to-addresses> ]
                [ -C <event-class> ] [ -A <admin-login-name> ]
                [ -P <page-to-admin> ] [ -T <trap-to> ] [ -s <script> ]
                [ -u <alarmScriptRunAs> ] [ -g <group> ] [ -h <event-name> ]
                [ -l <time-from> ] [ -m <time-to> ] [ -v <event-severity> ]
                [ -r <repeat-notify> ] [ -i <repeat-interval> ]
                [ -b <disabled> ]

[root@lnx]#

where -r <repeat-notify> as yes

and -i <repeat-interval> as the time after which if the condition of the event still persist send another alarm.

This can also be done from the webui by going Control Center->Setup->Alarm   Advanced Version.

Regards

adai

sheelnidhig

With this repeat-interval & notify option is set, will it generates the alarm again ?, if the event is manually removed my someone...

adaikkap

Yes. If the condition still exist, a new event will be generated and that would in-turn create an alarm.

Regards

adai

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public