Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Powershell Update-NcVol requests flexgroup volume despite volume attributes being supplied

stephzylstra

Hi,

I am writing a script to automatically apply various snapshot policies to volumes. All is working fine until I try to actually apply the policy to the volume using Update-NcVol - at this point, it prompts me for a FlexGroupVolume, despite teh fact that volume attributes were passed to the query.

My script is like this currently:

$scheduleObjects = Get-Content -Raw -Path "schedules.json" | ConvertFrom-Json
Connect-NcController "x.x.x.x"

foreach($scheduledBackup in $scheduleObjects) {
    $volumeName = $scheduledBackup | Select -ExpandProperty Volume
$datastoreName = $scheduledBackup | Select -ExpandProperty Datastore
$vserverName = $scheduledBackup | Select -ExpandProperty Vserver ## Processing creation of policies and schedules snipped for brevity ##
## I end up with a policy being created in the NA which is named $datastoreName ##

$q = Get-NcVol -Template Initialize-NcObjectProperty -Object $q -Name VolumeIdAttributes $q.VolumeIdAttributes.Name = $volumeName $q.VolumeIdAttributes.OwningVserverName = $vserverName $q.Name = $volumeName $q.Vserver = $vserverName $a = Get-NcVol -Template Initialize-NcObjectProperty -Object $a -Name VolumeSnapshotAttributes $a.VolumeSnapshotAttributes.SnapshotPolicy = $datastoreName Update-NcVol -Query $q -Attributes $a }

However, instead of applying the policy, I get a prompt:

cmdlet Update-NcVol at command pipeline position 1
Supply values for the following parameters:
FlexGroupVolume: 

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

stephzylstra

The issue was worked around by adding the flex group volume parameter into the command as $false. This appears to be a bug with the current powershell release as per https://community.netapp.com/t5/Microsoft-Cloud-and-Virtualization-Discussions/NetApp-PowerShell-Toolkit-4-3-released/td-p/123976

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

stephzylstra

The issue was worked around by adding the flex group volume parameter into the command as $false. This appears to be a bug with the current powershell release as per https://community.netapp.com/t5/Microsoft-Cloud-and-Virtualization-Discussions/NetApp-PowerShell-Toolkit-4-3-released/td-p/123976

View solution in original post

JGPSHNTAP

Glad you found it.. I was going to reply as well :$false

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

Public