Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions
Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions
I have downloaded and configured the 'OnCommand-Plugin-Microsoft_3.0' and installed it on our test SCOM server 2007R2 to monitor our old test FAS 2020 (NetApp Release 7.3).
Installation went through without problems.
I added the storage controller and could set the credentials successfully, manually discovery did not show any errors.
When I look at "Controller" under the Oncommand management pack entry in SCOM console the controller is listed with a green hook saying "no errors". Furthermore under "Diagram" a OnCommand controller group and the added controller is listed with a green hook.
The problem is that I don't see anything else, no aggregates, LUNs, Volumes etc.
Any help is really appreciated
does nobody else have such problems with the SCOM Pack?
I work on the OnCommand Plugin for SCOM. I'd like to help you with your problem. To verify the workflow you have followed:
If that's the scenario, LUNs, aggrs etc should show up. If possible, we can arrange for you to send me some logs over secure FTP if you wish.
We have managed to SCOM plug to monitor the filer and can see luns volumes etc...., but had to connect with http. However we have an issue authenticating with just the vfilers. Has anybody managed to connect sucessfully.
Note the vFiler authentication needs to be the credentials set up for the vFiler (not necessarily the same as the parent controller). Ensure that the vFiler has http enabled as well.
thank you for the answer.
Our http options look like this:
httpd.log.format common (value might be overwritten in takeover)
httpd.timeout 300 (value might be overwritten in takeover)
httpd.timewait.enable off (value might be overwritten in takeover)
thank you very much for your answer!
Every single task was successful the only porblem is, that several objects are not shown - most importantly alerts.
Although it is a test system we are not allowed to bring it into production until all tests are successful - so if I could send some logs it would be nice.
As I understand it, your LUNs, aggregates etc still don't show up? I'll send you some info in a direct message with instructions for sending the logs.
thank you very much for your help.
Authentification was not the problem because I used a different account with full priviledges within SCOM after that and connections were successful.
But LUNs etc did still not show up.
Nevertheless as said it was a test environment with an old FAS2020 so I just installed the SCOM pack in our productive SCOM environment and added some uptodate FAS3240.
It works! I did nothing different.
There are some issues remaining (you already answered one in a different thread.
The last issue (until now ) is that the values shown under volumes for example do not match the values shown when you manually query the system via CLI or OnCommand System Manager.
Storage Efficiency is shown as 96%..
Thanks in advance!
The calculations we use in System Manager and in SCOM are slightly different. The SCOM calculations take into account projected future savings (based on future data to be stored) as well in the Storage Efficiency (%) calculations whereas the System Manager figures quoted show the current savings (%) based on data already stored. Sorry if this is not clear. We are working across teams to try to converge on same calculations/terminology to avoid issues.
The steps mentioned is fine to recover the issue , adding to this , while discovering , change the interval as per the volume . The default interval is 3600, make it 9000 or above.
Installed OnCommand Plugin on Root Management Server
Add storage controller using "Data ONTAP: Add Controller"
Added storage credentials using "Data ONTAP: Manage Controller Credentials"
Manually ran discovery on the Root Management Server using "Data ONTAP: Run discovery task"
The steps mentioned is fine to recover the issue , adding to this , while discovering , change the interval as per the volume . The default interval is 3600, make it 9000 or above