Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Querying the DFM Database by Group

christop

Hi:

We are attempting to create some reports by running direct queries against the DFM database.  We would like to query against a specific group defined in Operations Manager.

Reading through the database schema, it looks like the following fields may help:

View name: resGroupMembersView

resGroupId

unsigned int

ID of the resource group

resGroupMemberObjId

unsigned int

ID of the member object

But we cannot figure out how to run a query pulling objects (such as aggregates and volumes) and limit the output to a specific group.

Here's an example of a query we built that is running against every aggregate and volume on the system:

dfm database query run -F csv "select objName AS 'Aggregate', str(aggrTotalSpaceKB/1024/1024/1024,5,2) AS 'Total', str(aggrTotalCommittedSpaceKB/1024/1024/1024,5,2) AS 'Committed', str((((aggrTotalCommittedSpaceKB/1024/1024/1024) / (aggrTotalSpaceKB/1024/1024/1024))*100),5,2) AS 'Committed %', str(aggrUsedCapacityKB/1024/1024/1024,5,2) AS 'Used', str((((aggrUsedCapacityKB/1024/1024/1024) / (aggrTotalSpaceKB/1024/1024/1024))*100),5,2) AS 'Used %', str(aggrAvailableSpaceKB /1024/1024/1024,5,2) AS 'Available', count(volId) AS 'FlexVols' from objectView, aggregateView, volumeView where objectView.objId = aggregateView.aggrId and volumeView.volAggrId = aggregateView.aggrId and objName <> 'aggr0' and objName <> 'vol0' and objName <> 'aggr1' group by objName, aggrTotalSpaceKB, aggrTotalCommittedSpaceKB, aggrUsedCapacityKB, aggrAvailableSpaceKB order by objName"

Is there a way we can limit this to query against a specific group of systems?  It doesn't look like the relationships between views allow us to do this.

Also, is there a way to build our own database views?

Thanks,

Chris

2 REPLIES 2

christop

Hi:

I could still use some help with this.

I'd like to be able to query against a specific dfm group, or create my own database views that will allow me to do so.  Is this possible?

Thanks,

Chris

ASELVANAYAGAM

Don't know if you are still looking for a response. Anyway, if you can setup a database user and establish connectivity to the database, you should be able to query data out of it as you need. Here are some links that might be of help: http://media.netapp.com/documents/tr-3690.pdf https://communities.netapp.com/thread/3473

Regards,

Arun

Public