If you missed the pre-registration for NetApp MS Azure AD B2C, the new login prompt will offer the option to register. Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Retrieve Default Gateway From Existing SVM

SeifriedJ

Has anyone found a way in WFA to retrieve the default gateway from an existing SVM? I don't see any dictionary entries that include this information. Am I missing something?

Use case is building a workflow to clone an SVM to a new IP space for testing. I need to provide a default gateway in the creation step and would like to limit the manual input. I want to read the source SVM's settings and simply duplicate them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mbeattie

Hi,

Do you think the following suggestion work for you?

Create a command that accepts the following input paramaters

• SourceCluster
  • SourceVserver
  • DestinationCluster
  • DestinationVserver

The command would perform the following steps:

• Use the "Invoke-NcSystemApi" cmdlet to invoke the "route show -vserver $SourceVserver"
  • Read the CLI output to variablize the destination, gateway and metric
  • Use the "Invoke-NcSystemApi" cmdlet to invoke the "route create -vserver $DestinationVserver -destination $destination -gateway $gateway -metric $metric"

This way you wont have to create a datasource for providing the default route. In your workflow you would place the command after you have created the vserver.

Here is an example of using Invoke-NcSystemApi:

https://community.netapp.com/t5/Microsoft-Virtualization-Discussions/NetApp-PowerShell-Toolkit-4-5P1-released/td-p/138566/page/2

/Matt

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

mbeattie

Hi,

Do you think the following suggestion work for you?

Create a command that accepts the following input paramaters

• SourceCluster
  • SourceVserver
  • DestinationCluster
  • DestinationVserver

The command would perform the following steps:

• Use the "Invoke-NcSystemApi" cmdlet to invoke the "route show -vserver $SourceVserver"
  • Read the CLI output to variablize the destination, gateway and metric
  • Use the "Invoke-NcSystemApi" cmdlet to invoke the "route create -vserver $DestinationVserver -destination $destination -gateway $gateway -metric $metric"

This way you wont have to create a datasource for providing the default route. In your workflow you would place the command after you have created the vserver.

Here is an example of using Invoke-NcSystemApi:

https://community.netapp.com/t5/Microsoft-Virtualization-Discussions/NetApp-PowerShell-Toolkit-4-5P1-released/td-p/138566/page/2

/Matt

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

SeifriedJ
Yeah, that's what I was planning to do as a workaround. I was just hoping the gateway information was available somewhere and I was missing it. Thanks.

SeifriedJ

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public