Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions
I have previously worked with snapshot technology of Netapp on NFS filesystem running Oracle databases, where we snap a NFS mount and then create a clone from snapshot.
However , this time we would like to use ASM on NFS.So, I have a question regarding creating a clone from snapshot.
I can think of below approach for successfully mounting clone of ASM disks on NFS from snapshots.
- create a snapshot of NFS mount that holds asm disks
- create a clone of Snapshot
- mount the clone as new filesystem
- use kfed to rename asm disks in clone
- use renamedg to rename asm diskgroups in clone
- mount disk groups with new name
- create a controlfile and recover database
- open database resetlogs.
Please suggest if my approach is correct or if i missed any step on process ?
Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!