Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

The requested size is more than the maximum size allowed for a deduplication volume...

heinowalther

Hi there

I have a fairly large volume on a primary FAS3140 running 8.0, this volume is Snapvaulted to a secondary filer which is a FAS2240 running 8.1.1.

Because of the primary size, and the retention required on the secondary, I have been forced to resize the secondary volume in order to get rid of the space warning in DFM.

But this just leaves me with this conformance error, which I don't understand...  I think this has to be because DFM isn't aware that 20TB actually is possible on a FAS2240 with dedupe enabled...

Basically it is 20TB, and dedupe is enabled... I believe the maximum on a FAS2240 is 40 or 50TB...

Here is the error I get on my dataset... everything else is OK..  so it does do the snapvault updates etc...

Conformance Results:

=== SEVERITY ===

Error:  Conformance checking for volume filer-dk11:/sv_files (3287) failed.

=== ACTION ===

Checking conformance for volume filer-dk11:/sv_files (3287).

=== REASON ===

The requested size 20.0 TB is more than the maximum size allowed for a

deduplication volume. The maximum size on model FAS2240-4 and ONTAP

version 8.1.1P1 7-Mode is 16.0 TB.

---------------------------------------------

It this a bug ?

/Heino

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

adaikkap

Hi Heino,

What version of OnCommand Unified Manager are you using ?

This is a known issue and doesn't need a fix, rather it can be easily updated using the cli, that is described in the bugs online link below.

http://support.netapp.com/NOW/cgi-bin/bol?Type=Detail&Display=629751

Regards

adai

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

adaikkap

Hi Heino,

What version of OnCommand Unified Manager are you using ?

This is a known issue and doesn't need a fix, rather it can be easily updated using the cli, that is described in the bugs online link below.

http://support.netapp.com/NOW/cgi-bin/bol?Type=Detail&Display=629751

Regards

adai

View solution in original post

heinowalther

Hi Adai

Thanks for the quick reply.  I'm running that latest downloadable version 5.1

I the old days there was an updatable configuration file for DFM with each new ontap release, I guess that's gone now ?

I guess I will just fix it with the commands described in the case you refered to.

Thanks again!

/Heino

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public