The transition to NetApp MS Azure AD B2C is complete. If you missed the pre-registration, you will be invited to register at next log in.
Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Using WFA to upgrade ONTAP

drwoodberry

I have seen the posts about using WFA to upgrade older 7-mode systems, but has anyone had any luck with creating a flow to upgrade CDOT systems? Mainly interested in automating 9.X versions using WFA.

2 REPLIES 2

GidonMarcus

Hi

I think in 7 mode it made sense to do as there were a few failovers to do manually..

in Cdot it's all automated in the controller. so not much point to it.

you can perhaps create a function in WFA that load the image another that execute the install if you really like.

Gidi

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

drwoodberry

That’s really what I’d like to do is find a way to stage the ONTAP image on all the clusters I have in OnCommand and then be able to select which clusters to upgrade without having to touch each cluster individually. It sounds like I’d need a permeant web server up and running that has a valid URL to an image and use WFA to run cmdlts against the clusters to pull that image. I was just hoping someone would have a flow already. 

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public