Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Volume daysUntilFull missing from ocum_report schema in OCUM

James_Castro

Is there a reason why the ocum_report schema does not have a "daysUntilFull" or "bytesUsedperDay" listed under the volume table?  I'm using OCUM 7.x.  I see it in the integration schema and I know it is in the ocum schema.  How would I go about reporting those for volumes?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

James_Castro

you are correct.  I was able to find the ocum_view and netapp_model_view schemas when I connected to the mysql db using the wfa integration schema credentials (using MySQL workbench).  I then used BIRT to create a datasource for each schema.  I was able to create a custom report and import into OCUM.  Below is a sample of the query I used.  I had to create a joint dataset.  If there is an easier way please let me know.  I'm fairly new to sql queries and building custom reports.

Pulled volume info from netapp_model_view first:

select volume.objid AS volumeID,
volume.name AS volName,
volume.state AS State,
(select cluster.name from cluster where (cluster.objid = volume.clusterId)) AS clusterName,
(select vserver.name from vserver where (vserver.objid = volume.vserverId)) AS vserverName,
(select aggregate.name from aggregate where (aggregate.objid = volume.aggregateId)) AS aggregateName,
round(volume.size/Power(1024,3),2) AS TotalSizeGB,
round(volume.sizeUsed/Power(1024,3),3) AS DataUsedGB,
round(volume.snapshotReserveSize/Power(1024,3),3) AS SnapReserveGB,
round(volume.sizeAvail/Power(1024,3),3) AS TotalAvailGB,
round((volume.snapshotReserveSize + volume.sizeUsed)/Power(1024,3),2) AS TotalUsedGB,
volume.sizeUsedPercent AS UsedPercentage
from volume

Then I pulled the daily growth and days until full from ocum_view:

select volume.id,
round(volume.bytesUsedPerDay/Power(1024,3),2) AS DailyGrowthRate,
cast(floor(volume.daysUntilFull) as unsigned) AS DaysUntilFull

from volume

I combined the two by creating a joint dataset in BIRT.  This gave me exactly what I needed.

6-20-2017 8-52-54 AM.png

This is the output I set up for the customer:

6-20-2017 9-00-28 AM.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mbeattie

Hi James,

There is a "daysToFull" field within the "volumes" table in the "ocum_view" database.

This will enable you to calculate the days until full per volume by ID

/Matt

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

James_Castro

you are correct.  I was able to find the ocum_view and netapp_model_view schemas when I connected to the mysql db using the wfa integration schema credentials (using MySQL workbench).  I then used BIRT to create a datasource for each schema.  I was able to create a custom report and import into OCUM.  Below is a sample of the query I used.  I had to create a joint dataset.  If there is an easier way please let me know.  I'm fairly new to sql queries and building custom reports.

Pulled volume info from netapp_model_view first:

select volume.objid AS volumeID,
volume.name AS volName,
volume.state AS State,
(select cluster.name from cluster where (cluster.objid = volume.clusterId)) AS clusterName,
(select vserver.name from vserver where (vserver.objid = volume.vserverId)) AS vserverName,
(select aggregate.name from aggregate where (aggregate.objid = volume.aggregateId)) AS aggregateName,
round(volume.size/Power(1024,3),2) AS TotalSizeGB,
round(volume.sizeUsed/Power(1024,3),3) AS DataUsedGB,
round(volume.snapshotReserveSize/Power(1024,3),3) AS SnapReserveGB,
round(volume.sizeAvail/Power(1024,3),3) AS TotalAvailGB,
round((volume.snapshotReserveSize + volume.sizeUsed)/Power(1024,3),2) AS TotalUsedGB,
volume.sizeUsedPercent AS UsedPercentage
from volume

Then I pulled the daily growth and days until full from ocum_view:

select volume.id,
round(volume.bytesUsedPerDay/Power(1024,3),2) AS DailyGrowthRate,
cast(floor(volume.daysUntilFull) as unsigned) AS DaysUntilFull

from volume

I combined the two by creating a joint dataset in BIRT.  This gave me exactly what I needed.

6-20-2017 8-52-54 AM.png

This is the output I set up for the customer:

6-20-2017 9-00-28 AM.png

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

Public